Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK OK I SAW seen Illinois State Police white marked 1995 1996 LT1 cruiser in action on I290 westbound earlier today

very heavy traffic so I had to pay attention to it, and not the cruiser as it was pulling duty in the left median.
Strange thing it has markings very similar to what this one looks like here below. Definitelly one of the last of the breed...

Long live the 9c1.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Saw an Indy city cop driving one a month or so ago too... I almost went speeding by him thinking "they don't use those any more" but saw the lights in it at the last minute...

Mike

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Here are a few pics I've taken recently.

Chicago PD

ISP Unmarked Pecatonica Post

ISP Marked Pecatonica Post

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I live across the street from a police station, and they have one caprice, its painted dark blue and it is used for the Auxillery police.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
A guy who lives close to me USED to have a 95 similar to your pics also but he swapped it for at least 3 vics on 2 weeks...then back came the caprice lol you can see him roaming on 294

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
what I meant to say adam is your pics don't show up and since I can't find the rabbit with two pancakes on its head here is this.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I see a couple of 9C1s still on the road here in central IL - every year at the state fair there are several of them out, too. Logan County still has a few in service as well. Every time I ask thee when they're gonna sell, they say they have no plans to replace them...

The state of IL runs Royal Purple in the state police cars. Coincidence that the cars last forever? I think not.

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yup. I was doing a transport in Indy and saw an in-service 95 or 96 9C1. At first I thought it might have been handed over to the Civillian Volunteer Patrol (cadets) but it still had the normal IPD markings on the side and a lightbar.

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
was it the updated scheme?

I dig those too...

right by me there was a fully marked ISP with a lightbar, spotlight, cb antenna on the side, and a few on the trunk, super clean car, no rust at all.
I never took a pic of it as the weather was always ****TY. Did not see the car for a few days, it was replaced by mid late 90's CVPI, then no CVPI for a week. After that one of the new body CV.
Oh well. anotherone bites the dust.

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
years ago when I had a blue 9c1 I got into a small fender bender - was rearended on Harlem and I55
We went to the state police just blocks away, and they had a 95,96 iddling for the night. It was cold as hell and they were keeping it running in case of a high speed pursuit.
I peaked and it had around 140k on the odo.

Z

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I still see them all the time, there still using them, wonder why, look at the options they have these days ;(

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Originally posted by liki:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by 94cruiser:
I seen...
I SAW...

Sorry, pet peeve. :D
</font>[/QUOTE]I knowed a person with the same peeve :eek: !

KW

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Does anyone have video clips of 9C1's in police/gov. training? I see clips on TV sometimes.

I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I know Joliet had a FEW :eek: 9C1s in service as of late last summer. One was an unmarked light adriatic blue '95 or '96 </drool>. They also had a couple of white marked patrol cars too.

Z

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
they still have them, Joliet still has the white one that enters the joliet auto show burnout contest.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I took a trip down to Columbus, Ohio, last weekend... I have a few cop/Caprice references..

1. I was about 20 minutes into the journey and entering a nearby town notorious for its speed traps. I'd gotten a good tune going on my iPod and started cranking the volume, really getting into it, right when I entered the 35 mph zone.. AT 50 mph. And there was a cop sitting right there. I had no choice but to hit the brakes like a fool. The car lurched and I probably looked like I was driving high on crack or something. The cop didn't care. I've gotten away with so much speeding/dumb driving, my car must be permanently off the cop radar.

2. Cruising on 71 south, a white '91-'92 Caprice passed me. We had identical rusty quarter panels. I thought to myself, that's what I look like. Just sailing down the road cool and free in a big fat happy bath tub with warm as hell heater, comfortable as hell seat, and those inimitable tail lights. Hells yes people! I just love to see someone else driving a civilian 91/92 Caprice. I love the honest and somehow stealthy white ones, and the clean fast silver ones and those shining light blue ones.

3. I saw a 95/96 Caprice in service (law enforcement) on 71 south into Columbus. I guess it was highway patrol? I was going too fast to tell.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts