Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After really debating this I'm going to sit out this year. Just too many little issues that would more than likely lead to a problem. It will be the first year in a long time I am not at this event, Here are the main issues.

1. It does not have the right blower on it so it's down on power.
2. After looking at the cylinder bores it really needs new pistons again. Pistons are 6 weeks to get and then another week to bore the block to the pistons so I don't have time.
3. On the tranny refesh it burnt the second gear clutch packs. That had never been a problem and we have no way to make them any better than they are.
4. I need to try a trick with the lockup that you never know what will happen when you do things you have not before.
5. With the tranny now fresh will that add enough load to break the rearend?

It's all fixed and sitting here, other than a new bore and pistons, that I could put together and have running in a few days with the old pistons so it's hard not to put it back together. It just doesn't make any logic as it will be down on power and could have an issue with the rear gear now second gear has new clutch packs. Down on power means 1400HP instead of 1500HP but I need 1500 to 1600 if I want an 8 out of that car because you have to leave soft for the rearend and tranny which means you have to make it up down track. It would also be bad if I put it together and got rained out because it all needs to come back apart to change the pistons. Over the winter I will have the new NOVI 2500 blower which is larger and solve the blower issues.

Like I said, its hard not to just put it back together but I know this is the right call. I hate missing this race but good luck to everyone else that goes. Lets have a good event so we get to do this again next year.

·
Registered
743 Posts
Jeff I don't blame you. Do it right and be done with it. I would go but the local forum KYHORSEPOWER.COM is having their fall shoot out Nov 7 and I have gone fore the last four years. Good luck putting it back together.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Yo Jeff !!!!!!

SORRY TO HEAR IT JEFF !!!!!!!

BUT, I Will Be There To REPRESENT The IMPALA'S !!!!

NO >>> FOUND ON ROAD DIED Winners This Time !!

THE BEAST IS HUNGRY !!!!!!!

THE BADDER BOWTIE

1 - 3 of 3 Posts