Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
will a impala hood fit on a 94 fleetwood or do they make a hoodscooped one for a fleet?

V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Nope.. I believe the nose of a fleetwood is longer, and the Caprice/Impala hood has totaly different curves and lines.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nope and nope.

You could get an aftermarket steel cowl and have a body guy weld it to your stock hood if you don't have the ability to do so yourself, though.

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
One of the guys here did that (customcaddys). He got the cowl and welded it in place.... It looks good IMO...

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How did he get it so smooth? Is it just a matter of sanding? Is there bondo involved? One of these days I'd like to weld up a cowl. That would definately seperate my car from the other Caddy's on the street.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think his body shop guy used a certain "bondo" designed for Fiberglass. Says it will hold, and not crack.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
he said it was Ren alum bond, scoops from up22.com
G0D i can't wait to go black.

but i better make sure the paint is thin, cuz it might weigh me down... right buffman?

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Did you just put it on, or did you cut out the hood area underneath.

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Wasn't there one on a cobbled-up pink Fleetwood wagon? IMHO, the look could be carried off with about a 3/4" tall cowl type, but anything more would seem to require a batch of other body mods to keep up.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts