Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
when i convert to elecric fans can i use the 94-96 radiator shroud will it fit if not what should i use

U

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hey man, I didn't use a shroud when converting to electric fans. THe fan I bought already had a protector/minishroud included. What I did was put an aluminum L bracket along the upper lenght of the radiator. I then attached that bracket to two of the four holes that hold the upper part of the existing plastic shroud with two flat brackets. I also put another one like that at the bottom of the radiator and bolted it down with the two holes that support the lower part of the existing plastic shroud. Then I attached the fan to the upper and lower L brackets. The holes of the fan that I bought worked perfect with the brackets that I installed. I will obviously be different with the fans you buy. If you buy the whole assembly from a junked b-body, that would be the best way to go, however, if you are like me and cant find that, then I suggest that you think about the support and fan that you are intalling carefully. In my case, some white boy fixin worked good enough. Oh yes, you probably saw my custom SSRI that I made. The aluminum sheeting covered the brackets and the space in between the two radiators nicely. :D good luck.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i was thinkin of getting the flex lite 210 fans has anyone used those what come in the kit anything i would have to customize to make a good fit i have to do this the big fan is just robbing me blind in the power department thanks for any info and yes i did see your custom ssri set up nice somthing i've been trying to come up with for a while now

1 - 3 of 3 Posts