Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if the standard impala spindle can be machined to accept the 5/8" ball joints. I know that you can buy the spindle, but my spindles are already modified for the Baer GT system. Any answers will be very much apreciated. If yes does anyone have anyone they know that should do this service? Thanks, Paul Z.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Yes it can be done, simply need a machine shop with the correct taper bit to ream them out.

I THINK the taper is 0.100" per 1" of length, but don't quote me on that.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have the proper reamers and have done this for a few customers. I'd be glad to do it for you, but the shipping would kill the idea.

The 5/8 is a 10 degree taper.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks all for the replys, Hey Rustic you want to sell me a set of tubular A arms to accompany the moded spindles. Oh, are you still offering $100 discounts for the old arms? let me know whats up

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sure, no problem.
You can see the packages that I'm offering if you want a completely assembled set at:
Complete Arms

And, yes... you can knock $100 off of any of those prices if you ship me your old arms... as long as they are in rebuildable shape.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
And, yes... you can knock $100 off of any of those prices if you ship me your old arms... as long as they are in rebuildable shape.
Chris what's that?

If I send you my old stock Lower control arms you'd knock $100 off of a new pair of Lower Control Arms as long as the old one are in rebuildable shape?

(Just need bare lowers as I already have the PPM kit.)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.