Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
if you cut off the top of the spring, wouuld this mess it up in any way. tryin to purchase a set. 2inches was cut off but did not affect ride height. any input is appreciated!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Impala springs? I dunno, if it's 2 inches off the top coil cut off, you should be ok, even though you're supposed to cut off full coils. I cut 1 full coil off the front of my 9C1 springs and it lowered it about 2 inches. Just keep all that in mind.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Need more info. Are you talking 2" in length, or height. Were you told it gave a 2" drop, like Josh said? 2" in length sounds really odd. Not to mention that the top of the coil is shaped diffently from the bottom, so I would think that they should have cut anything off the bottom of the coil. I'm no expert though.

I just watched ebay like a hawk and the for sale section to pick up the springs for my SS and the wife's wagon. I didn't want to venture into cutting springs.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
idk im buying from the forum. quote from whom im purchasing from::

2 inches of coil cut off the fronts, which made no height difference from stock. car sat same height after the cut.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.