Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have read everything i could find on converting an impala ss 8.5 rear into a Roadmaster sedan and it looks like it is roughly 5/8" longer on each side.

I found one post stating it would work with stock roadmaster wheels but i am looking for information on whether the impala ss 17" stock wheels can be tucked up under the wheel skirts in the back without dropping the rear end out.

The car is lowered on sprint springs all the way around. I would like to upgrade to disc brakes and also incorporate the posi unit with some 3.42 gears to improve off the line acceleration.

I have a couple pics if someone wants to host em and post em for me. Send me an email addy and i will forward a couple if you guys want to see another slammed roady....

I also look forward to seeing your guys advice on the rear.
Thanks,
Mark Wolfe
Virginia

·
Registered
9,682 Posts
You could use a 9C1 disc rear and it will be the same width as the stock drum rear. I put one under my old RMS before...

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks

nice pic bro. I would look for a 9c1 but already have the impala rear in hand. I bought it before i did my research. lol
mark

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the link. looks like it worked for them. there is always a plan b, the inner rear skirts have a quarter inch lip that can be trimmed if necessary.. lol
mark

1 - 5 of 5 Posts