Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've swapped the brake system (FR/RR calipers, disks, etc) from an Impala SS into my Olds Delta 88, and it seems I'm having some front/rear bias issues causing the rear to lock up. I have the master cylinder from the SS and the attached proportioning valve plumbed to the frame mounted proportioning valve that came on the 88. The rear port from the SS valve is plumbed to the front brakes on the 88 valve, and the front port on the 88 valve is plumbed to the rear brakes.

Is this the correct setup? This appears to be the way that ABS delete Impalas are plumbed. Do I have this correct? Could this be a stuck deferential valve in the Impala proportioning valve? Would it be better to ditch the dual setup, and just install one disk/disk valve?

Thanks!

Motor vehicle Automotive tire Public space Auto part Scrap

·
Registered
1995 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham
2,593 Posts
You don't use two prop valves.

You want the Impala prop valve with the bolt mod.

What Impala had ABS delete?

·
Registered
1991 OCC 305, dual exhaust, notched crossmember, LT1 gas tank
18 Posts
I had an 82 & 84 delta WAY back when. Neither one of mine had an LS. Or a clutch. Got more pics of yours?

Two prop valves, one plumbed backwards…seems needlessly complicated. And unpredictable. Perhaps try to eliminate the olds prop valve, and plumb the SS valve ‘front to front, & rear to rear’? Should be easy to wire the SS prop valve to the BRAKE warning light on the dash

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You don't use two prop valves.

You want the Impala prop valve with the bolt mod.

What Impala had ABS delete?
I thought I saw one on the forum here.

Update, I replaced the prop valve on the frame rail with a new PV4 disk/disk valve, and replaced the metric Impala master with the original Olds and removed the Impala prop valve. Brakes work great now, thanks for the help!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts