Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1995 V4P Fleetwood
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gents,

Looking for a set of Impala SS (Monte Carlo, etc.) center caps. Anyone have the drop on a cheap set?

Anyone have any familiarity with a 2000 Tahoe Limited rim and know if the center caps from these cars are the same diameter and would fit with an Impala SS center cap?

This is the OEM center cap for a Tahoe Limited.... Looks to be about the same size as an Impala SS center cap...

·
Registered
1995 V4P Fleetwood
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
They wouldn’t work cuz Tahoe Limited caps screw on, and 94-96 Impala SS snap on. Ask me how I know this is my Limited.

View attachment 199956
Very very nice! Right, I know they screw on, but if one drilled holes in the SS caps, would they fit on the Tahoe wheels? I.e. is the center space exactly the same size?

By the way, SUPER rare vehicle you have there. Talked to many people who had never seen nor heard of one of those!

·
Registered
177 Posts
Thanks, they are nice SUV’s, but on the Limited caps the holes are beveled so that the screw sits flush with the center cap, and I don’t know how you would replicate that.

I can send you a picture of one, so you can see up close? Oh and the Limited caps are aluminum I believe.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Contact, Mike Vautsmeier @ (815) 297-4601 that’s all he does is buys 94-96 Impala SS and parts them out for a living. “Reasonable prices and fast shipping.”

Best way to reach him is by text he’s a busy guy since he’s a one man army.

·
Registered
1995 V4P Fleetwood
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you both so much.

The Dorman ones aren't cheap! :( Yikes! At least they are new....

The problem with the junkyard closest to me is that they don't seem to keep the rims with the car, so I am not sure how I would find the caps...

·
Registered
1995 V4P Fleetwood
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks a million. They will have the same size head and everything to bolt up properly and hold a cap on there?

·
Registered
1995 V4P Fleetwood
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
And you bought them from a fasteners store or they're OEM?

In need of those screws to try and fit a different center cap to those rims... I'll be posting photos very soon of the entire project when I have the pieces! :cool::p

You're going to be a huge piece of the puzzle here! Just need to figure out what center caps will fit these rims (besides OEM).

·
Registered
1995 V4P Fleetwood
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Also @1Slammed96SS I know the SS caps are snap in, but if those were broken off, could you get them to sit flush in the Limited rims and then screw them in?

That's basically what I am after.

·
Registered
177 Posts
You know what caddyshack95 I lied, I guess their not beveled their squared. Yes they are GM OEM. They still sit flush. I just loosened up the screw so you can see the screw head. Pic in the right is how the screw sets in the cap.

D911B90C-5846-4406-95C5-BCAAEAE26CB1.jpeg 2D9884E6-3C6F-422D-8F44-A749A40AEA3C.jpeg

1 - 16 of 16 Posts