Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Floor shift cable and bracket that mounts to the transmission. Came off a 96 trans with 6k on it I bought for my wagon. $40 shipped.

·
Registered
2,900 Posts
You are a very nice guy.....this part is the holy grail of parts
who ever gets at that price owes you big time IMHO...:D

-ALF out....

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the interest, part is sold pending payment. If it falls through, the next in line will be contacted. I had no idea this was such a sought after part!

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Very Rare Part...

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
especially with those brackets!!!

wow you cant even buy those you have to make them yourself

this guy got a steal!!!!

·
Registered
2,900 Posts
Holy SH!T !!!!! I didn't know you were from CT
the damn pic was soooo big it wasn't on the screen.
I would drove to you to buy that at that price..... SMH.... :cool:

-ALF out....

·
Premium Member
2,182 Posts
The Camaro's had the same cable,not so rare.

I don't want to argue,I paid $1500 from the dealership for my complete console. The cable and the floor mounted bracket were the only items that couldn't be bought at that time(2004). The floor bracket isn't actually a part.

As a shot in the dark,I asked them to see if the Camaro cable was still available. Fits like a glove.

·
Premium Member
3,187 Posts
The Camaro's had the same cable,not so rare.

I don't want to argue,I paid $1500 from the dealership for my complete console. The cable and the floor mounted bracket were the only items that couldn't be bought at that time(2004). The floor bracket isn't actually a part.

As a shot in the dark,I asked them to see if the Camaro cable was still available. Fits like a glove.

The Camaro cable looks the same, but is 2 inches shorter. And that 2 inches makes it not work at all on our cars.:(

·
Registered
501 Posts
thats not true. i got my whole floor shifter setup from a 94 z28. it works perfectly. so the camaro shift cable works just fine on our cars

·
Premium Member
3,187 Posts
thats not true. i got my whole floor shifter setup from a 94 z28. it works perfectly. so the camaro shift cable works just fine on our cars

Your whole floor shifter set-up! That's not an Impala ss floor shifter set-up with an Impala SS console and Impala SS shifter. Trust me - it don't work, it's 2 inches short :( We're not talking Camaro's here.

·
Premium Member
2,182 Posts
Your whole floor shifter set-up! That's not an Impala ss floor shifter set-up with an Impala SS console and Impala SS shifter. Trust me - it don't work, it's 2 inches short :( We're not talking Camaro's here.
You think I paid that kind of money for a console other than what came in an SS?

Trust me,anyone who reads,THEY WORK!!!!!

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
The cable and trans pan brackets are different on the Camero. I use to make brackets for Dal out of the Camero parts. The trans lever was the same. Cable length and connector that goes in the trans bracket were different. Also the camero trans bracket mounts rearward of the SS bracket

Here is the Camero Bracket with the inset mod

The SS cable with a smaller connection will finally fit the camero bracket

·
Premium Member
2,182 Posts
Now that's an Impala SS floor shift set-up :D We'll just have to agree to disagree.

You are rite on. I had the body shop do the complete install from the floor hole to the console paint and the column shaved.

So I can't say how, I just know it is.

Thanks,good info on both sides., Lorne.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts