Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I have been seeing more frequency of the Impala SS factory wheels in larger sizes (finally). Id like to hear from members who bit the bullet and opened their wallets and purchased these wheels. Share your thoughts on them, who you bought them from, and any advice on the process. I'm thinking of plus-sizing my wheels at some point. I want to get real-world accounts from people who have been there and done that. Thanks again.

·
Registered
8,903 Posts
I can't speak to the replica larger dia. in the origiinal Impala 5-spoker, but recall at least the earliest ones were dinged by many as appearing gaunt and anorexic in the spokes as they got stretched longer. But if anything, over the past 2 decades tastes have continued to gravitate even more to open spoke - so there's that. I can remark on the 18" CTS wheels on my Cady driver, as they not just visually fill the cavernous wells better but also permitted a wider gripping tread and taller 'comfort' sidewall v. stock. And then even more of the above going to 1" additional rolling dia. v. stock as well. 5 Stars, Would recommend.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts