Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
My name is Pete. I'm from Ontario, Canada near Niagara Falls. I bought my Impala SS in '98. My wife had just inherited some money and since we had a new Astro van then, she offered to buy me a new car. I knew exactly what I wanted which was a '96 SS. We went to Toronto and bought all the newspapers to look at the alternatives. The car I bought hadn't seen winters but had 67,000 kms, warranty finished, and bald tires. The first owner had a shop add Edelbrock headers, cat back system, K & N, MSD, Hypertech, Window tint, car cover and he had an Impala SS jacket for me. I still love the way it runs and drives. These other summer rides all have had LT1 swaps now. The Imp was parked for the last couple years with Optispark and other woes. I have been working on a bunch of repairs to the Impala and my winter Saab V6 Turbo just ate it's turbo last week so the Imp has been forced into service now. The odometer isn't working right now but it probably has 200K miles. It's the the hot rod my wife might ride in. Bruce Springsteen sings about "Glory Days" and I need to get my Impala back there. Sure was nice when it was new and everything worked right. Maybe even get the A/C working again. I have an $360 hp LY6 LS on a stand in my garage looking for a host and it could be future upgrade. Just got the plates and insurance on it and am ready to roll. Love V8 rumble.

Pete

·
Registered
80 Posts
Welcome pete! Cool story behind the Impala! Love your cars! You will find that there is lots of support on this forum for the SS , especially regarding LS swaps.

Whats the black car next to the Tempest? Is it a pontiac?
Edit: read your sig, It is a poncho, sweet!

Cheers!

·
Registered
3,013 Posts
Black car looks like a 56 Ford.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the welcome. Here is a bit more of the story.
In high school I bought a stock '29 Ford, added juice brakes and 15" wheels. I went to university 80 miles from home and got caught in an early November snowstorm, no heater or defroster. So I bought the '56 Ford in '68 for a winter car. Since then it's had 312's, 272, 390's, 428 CJ's and 6 sbc's. I bought a worn Corvette LT1 with the heads modified for a Victor Jr. There was a Hot Rod article where they made just over 400 hp with a Roadmaster engine, Hot Cam and GM Perf. intake. So that is this combo.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts