Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
LT1 to 383 rebuild - Trick Flow 195 Gen X Heads - CompCams LT1 XR276HR12 - 32lb injectors - 1.5 Rock
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys - I am reconditioning stock Impala alloy wheels - located in Eastern PA near Newark, DE

ASE Frame & Restoration - [email protected]
We have a full scale commercial powder coating operation now set up to offer 94-96’ Impala Alloy Wheels reconditioning. This offering possible given I set things up to recondition the wheels on my personal 96’SS and they turned out great. Offering this near break even service given the interest and requests I have read about on the Forum. To get ahead of all the feedback that this is a high price - I agree but seriously the profit is like $45 a wheel. The cost is all in the labor and machine time. I’m sure you could find a cheaper price at a bunch of tire places but here is a recent professional option to consider if your not local to someone.

Wheel will be stripped, straightened, lip and curb rash repaired, everything painted stock silver then lip, rim and spoke face CNC machined before clear powder coat application and oven bake - have 10 in stock ready to ship out. If your supplying your wheel it needs to be in reasonably good shape - our guys are very good but not miracle workers. The CNC machine removes a very thin layer of aluminum to reveal a new surface but can not overcome deep pitting or gouges. Feel free to email inside and outside pics of your wheel if you want a second option. We can straighten mildly out if round wheels but if it’s bent we can’t fix it. If your wheel is cracked from a pot hole hit, we can attempt to clean, weld, grind flat and repair before refinishing.

Option 1: ship us your wheel/s, we perform above work and ship it back out within 4 business days - $300 per wheel plus return shipping cost ($50-60 estimate per wheel) or drop and pick up in Newark, DE to save shipping cost.

Option 2: purchase 17”x8.5” as-new reconditioned wheels, sold in pairs - $1,000 ($500 per wheel) plus shipping cost - pictures available

Option 3: purchase 17”x10.5” widened as-new reconditioned stock wheels, sold in pairs - $1,600 ($800 per wheel) plus shipping - limited supply

Option 4: gloss black power coat, add $25 per wheel to above prices.

Package delivery Packing materials Shipping box Wood Relocation

Automotive tire Alloy wheel Wood Hubcap Automotive design

Automotive tire Alloy wheel Wood Rim Fixture

Automotive tire Rim Wood Tints and shades Automotive wheel system

Wheel Tire Automotive tire Motor vehicle Hubcap

Wood Rectangle Gas Automotive exterior Tin

Automotive tire Door Shipping box Wood Rim

·
Premium Member
6,695 Posts
Just window shopping as I am too far away .
Couple questions,
Do you do the " diamond cut " as they call it to reproduce the rainbow look as original?
Do you have inside and outside photos of your widening ?
Do you offer vibratory polishing for people who might want that finish?
Thanks

The First LS7 T56 6 Speed Wagon
Katech cam , 550 rwhp
11.79 @ 120.65
LS7 T56 drag video

·
Premium Member
LT1 to 383 rebuild - Trick Flow 195 Gen X Heads - CompCams LT1 XR276HR12 - 32lb injectors - 1.5 Rock
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Hello 95wagon - in answer to your questions:

1. before the tires are cleared you can see the “rainbow” effect of the machining from the circular path the CNC takes, but it is somewhat muted after the clear - see attached spoke close up where it can be seen
2. I will post pictures on the widened wheels in follow up on the next set that are done both pre and post refinishing. As you might imagine the widening work is performed first and then the refinishing. I do have a stack of 17”x8.5” wheels ready to go - see attached pictures.
3. I do not have a vibratory polishing service. What I have set up is a commercial power coating and welding operation for Percision industrial equipment used in the medical and pharmaceutical industry. This is not a wheel specific operation but we can hold pretty tight specifications and tolerance on the work. I just set things up to run my personal stock wheels, they turned out great so I though I would offer this as niche service to our Forum as an option to having to buy aftermarket or custom wheels for our cars.

Thanks for the reply and interest.

Reactions: 95wagon

·
Premium Member
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hello shakenfake - you can buy wheel specific cardboard shipping boxes on Amazon and ebay for around $12 and shipping is about $50 per box from UPS given the wheel weight. Not cheap by any means but and option to box your wheels up and ship them to me. I do get out to western PA for work on a regular basis if anyone wanted to save the shipping. Would have no problem swinging by to help someone out.

Reactions: nsaness

·
Premium Member
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
@Johnny Kay

Not sure if you tried to post pictures but I do not see them.
Wow that is actually cheaper than I thought. Would love some x10s in the rear and my clear coat to be fixed lol
Thank you for the alert - looks like they just uploaded

Reactions: shakenfake

·
Premium Member
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Here is a set that was just dropped off - looking pretty rough for sure - will post these as the before and follow up with the after next week. The pictures listed earlier in the post looked petty close to these when we started.
Automotive tire Hubcap Alloy wheel Rim Composite material

Wheel Automotive tire Tire Hubcap Synthetic rubber

·
Registered
1996 Impala SS
476 Posts
you can take your wheels to fedex Kinkos and have them pack them and ship them for like $60 a wheel, and with insurance. I just bought a wheel from a friend in Florida and I live in Washington State. And I’m assuming if you’re closer it probably be a little cheaper.

·
Premium Member
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
you can take your wheels to fedex Kinkos and have them pack them and ship them for like $60 a wheel, and with insurance. I just bought a wheel from a friend in Florida and I live in Washington State. And I’m assuming if you’re closer it probably be a little cheaper.
Didn't know that . . . hell of a lot easier than buying all the shipping material yourself. Thanks for the Kinkos/FedEx recommendation.

·
Registered
1996 BBB
2,516 Posts
Just window shopping as I am too far away .
Couple questions,
Do you do the " diamond cut " as they call it to reproduce the rainbow look as original?
Do you have inside and outside photos of your widening ?
Do you offer vibratory polishing for people who might want that finish?
Thanks

The First LS7 T56 6 Speed Wagon
Katech cam , 550 rwhp
11.79 @ 120.65
LS7 T56 drag video

FWIW, I have CNC refinished wheels (from a local wheel resto place but I would think the process is the same anywhere). They look almost identical to a factory wheel, it would be very difficult to tell them apart from the factory wheels I have even when right next to each other. If you look really closely, I think the refinished wheels are just a tiny bit more cloudy than the sheen of the factory wheels.You still see the machining marks, just looks like a little more of a milky finish over it. I think it's just because the clear powder coat on them might be a little thicker than whatever clear coat was used by the factory. Again, it would be really tough to tell the difference even when right next to one another.

I'd take some pics but it's really hard to get the 'rainbowness' in a picture. I feel like any pic I take doesn't capture the finish the way it looks when seeing it in person

Reactions: Johnny Kay

·
Premium Member
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
This looks like a high-quality service. Can you do other OEM wheels, too? Or do you have to charge for the initial setup fee for wheels you haven't done before?
Thanks for the message. We are not a wheel shop and have only done SS Impala Factory, and some Camaro and Vette wheels for local friends and family. Have also done a few beater sets of dog dish Steelies. Should be the same process for most 15-20” wheels. We have not done anything larger than 20” diameter - please consider emailing any pictures and what you looking for to [email protected] and we will check them out and get right back to you. Not looking to make a business out of this only share the service to help out the Impala guys and gals on this forum. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The wheels are nice, but what are you guys doing about the cap?
I bought new reproductions for mine - but I bet we could color match the silver inside wheel color and find new black Impala stickers for the center cap. Great question I’ll look into it some more and report back.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts