Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK
If you plan to attend the ImpalaFest 2003 CAR SHOW, Saturday morning, please listen up and spread the word, to help the car show and judging run SMOOTH. After talking with the ImpalaFest crew AND Larry Hall, here's the latest on the car show information that you need to know.

We WILL use the ISSCA car show rules.

If you plan to participate in the ImpalaFest CAR SHOW, you MUST be REGISTERED no later than Friday night, October 3rd before check-in registration comes to a close at 8pm. We want ALL of your data that evening, before judging starts, Saturday morning.

The car show judges and volunteers will have all of your data that's needed to prevent any flaws that could put a dent in the show judging schedule for Saturday morning.

As you know by now, the car show will NOT take place at the GM Plant in Arlington. The car show will take place in the parking lot of the host hotel, SATURDAY MORNING.

The car show area will be roped off ONLY for participants that plan to participate in the car show, Saturday morning.

In the roped off section, you will be parked by YEAR and OTHERS.
94 Impala SS
95 Impala SS
96 Impala SS
and OTHERS<wagons, RM's, caprice, ect>

If you want your car JUDGED, you MUST be parked inside of the roped off area of the parking lot by YEAR or OTHERS no later than 8am, Saturday morning.
I know everybody's watch is not set right along with my watch, but PLEASE work with us and be parked inside the roped off "car show" area no later than 8am. CAR SHOW PARTICIPANTS, you will be more than welcome to park your car in the roped off area on Friday evening and get your SHOW parking space, by YEAR or OTHERS and be done with that, before Saturday morning.

Car show judging will begin no later than 9am, so all judging data will be given to the score entry volunteers no later than 2pm. This will be plenty of time for judges to help prevent or resolve more mistakes, with no rush jobs on judging your car.

Answers..........

1. We want ALL of your car show info, before the show, to prevent conflict BEFORE judging starts.

2. We want to have the car show awards presentation ASAP after the car show, so attendees
can have choice to stay or go as they please, without us putting a dent in their schedule
or having to ship MORE trophies, cuz they can't stay.

3.We want car show judging to be finished no later than 2pm. The drag racing will begin at 5pm. And we want car show participants to have time to catch their breath, eat, shower, and get ready for drag racing if they plan to participate in that, after the car show.

4.The 8am schedule will be better for the judges.
At ImpalaFest 2001, you got a VERY SMALL taste of what it's like to be a judge.
More time = a smooth schedule for YOU
and more mistakes and conflict to be resolved by judges with no rush job.

Loss? = maybe a couple of pissed off attendees that didn't get this info soon enough, before the car show Saturday morning. Or loose a attendee that just won't go by the schedule, no matter what you do OR how the schedule it's set, wether it's 8am or 8pm. It never fails.

GAIN? YOU may be apart of one of the most smoothest, mistake free, JUDGED Impala car shows ever!

I simply can't be on every Impala car club mailing list or digest on the planet. PLEASE cut & paste this note and forward it to your list or SSers that plan to attend the car show October 4th, Saturday morning at 8am, so they'll be aware of the schedule.

Any questions? [email protected]om

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Got it. No prob. Sounds like a good plan to me and I think it will help make everything go smoothly for judges, volunteers, and participants alike.

I know a lot of folks like to be able to park in a group with their club and/or friends (I'm one) but, from a logistical point of view, your plan makes sense.

Suggestion: Make a map of the show area to hand out, put signs up, or something to let folks know where thier "area" is. Maybe something like that will help reduce the potential of a parking cluster ____.

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by FakeSS:
Got it. No prob. Sounds like a good plan to me and I think it will help make everything go smoothly for judges, volunteers, and participants alike.
I know a lot of folks like to be able to park in a group with their club and/or friends (I'm one) but, from a logistical point of view, your plan makes sense.
Suggestion: Make a map of the show area to hand out, put signs up, or something to let folks know where thier "area" is. Maybe something like that will help reduce the potential of a parking cluster ____.
Your suggestions will be done, for sure. All of it will be set up, by Friday morning. If you were at the host hotel last year, the motorcyle expo had the small side of the lot. WE had the large side of the lot. We'll have all of the information
and "to do's" at registration check-in. I love it when clubs park together. But in order to come close to a smooth running show, something's gotta give. And the way the lot is set up all of the show cars will be very close by. Spread the word to your fellow HOTSS crew, that don't read the forum. Thanks, bro.

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm all set! I got my registration #, and am signed up for the Classic Car Corral! :cool:
Time to start getting the car ready!

49 days to go!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts