Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

21 - 40 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
835 Posts
Has a decision been made concerning any racing events?

·
Registered
653 Posts
I am planning to race with NTAXS the morning of Impala Fest at Lone Star Park, Grand Prairie, TX. I plan to go to the host hotel after the Autocross to hang with the group.
www.dfwautocross.com

As soon as registration opens on dlbracing.com, I will be registering for the Autocross. I believe that Firmin will be joining me as well.

There is also an autocross on Sunday, Sept. 21st at the Texas Motor Speedway Bus Lot. I am not sure if I will do that event: but I might if properly convinced.

Michael

·
Registered
653 Posts
Registration will open Thursday, September 04, 2014 at 6:00 AM EST for the Autocross with NTAXS.
http://www.ntaxs.com

·
Premium Member
2,874 Posts
Reservations are done. The wife and I will be driving up Friday afternoon if anybody wants to caravan from Georgetown. I am going to bring some goodies with me, couple of Trunk Kits, some Armrest Savers, Defroster Covers and maybe a few new items.....

·
Registered
213 Posts
So what are the plans for impalafest??? It will be my first time and would like to know what the events are besides the ones being discussed in this thread.

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
Hoss home page list only 12 people that have register. That can not be right----can it? I registered 2 weeks ago and I was never added to the list. So I am hoping that there are a bunch of others also.

·
Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
List is updated.....

Tonight is the deadline for the Impalafest room rate at the host hotel. If you need to book your room, please do it now and call 817 358 1700

·
Premium Member
2,874 Posts
Either that or you join mine. LOL

·
Registered
653 Posts
The registration for the Autocross is open. Remember that this is not an official event for Impalafest.

www.ntaxs.com

I registered for the autocross and will be at the host hotel after the Autocross to visit with you guys.

Michael

·
Registered
653 Posts
So if anyone else except Brian is planning to attend the NTAXS Autocross on 9/20, you had better sign up soon.
According to the NTXAS personnel:
The 9/20 event is already half full. Sign up now or regret it later. We limit entries to 65 drivers.
www.ntaxs.com

·
Premium Member
397 Posts
I just registered for Impalafest.
I won't be able to make this fun event
since I will be at WCG X in Las Vegas the
same weekend. Please send shirt (and dash plaque?).

Have a safe, fun and successful event guys!! :)

·
Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
^^^^^^ you got it, man

I'm keeping online registration up til friday night.
We will close registration at 12am saturday.

participant judging for

best paint
best wheels
best interior
Best Of Show peoples choice

Pro Class (judged)

Open class, to any vehicle

·
Registered
707 Posts
Big A I wont be able to attend this year have a family event in East Texas. I sure will miss hanging out the night before like we did last year. I sent money for T-shirts and one of the Cen-Tex guys will grab them for me. Are there any dash plaques this year??

·
Premium Member
1996 BBB Impala SS
34 Posts
What to do on Saturday after the car show

Saturday afternoon and evening is open.

Some things you might like:

- Travel to Ennis for the 29th annual AAA Texas NHRA FallNationals. However, they are scheduled to be finished by 7:00, and it is a 55 to 60 minute trip.

- Caravan to CCC car show event at Birdville ISD Fine Arts and Athletic Complex
Time: 5:00 pm - 9:00 pm (GMT-06.00) Central Time (US & Canada)
Location: Birdville ISD Fine Arts Center, North Richland Hills, TX
Notes: http://snipurl.com/28otkcv
http://www.christianclassiccruisers.com/Information.html
Registration Fee: $15 Spectators: FREE
Proceeds distributed to deserving Children at Christmas.
*This is 15 to 20 minutes away

- Go drag racing:
Bracket racing starts at noon at Texas Raceway in Kennedale (1/8-mile).
*This is 30 minutes away.
(The track in Denton is closed for the NHRA race weekend, and Dallas Raceway in Crandall is CLOSED.)

- Caravan to a restaurant, like Rudy's Barbecue (15 minutes), Joe T. Garcia's (30 minutes), or any of the nearby choices.

Enjoy!

·
Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
Registration link is not working?
deadline for online registration was last Wed...I extended it to last friday night. walk in registration start friday at 3pm but not promised a t-shirt.

21 - 40 of 51 Posts