Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
ISSF Honey Badger
27,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought you performance nuts who never get to the racing section would like to see the race for the 2010 ECIRS Championship from Saturday 10/30/10.

Keith Burnham vs Nabil Guffey for the title. They matched up in round 2 and the winner would have enough points to clinch.

Keith dialed 12.40, Nabster dialed 11.31 and it got wild and hairy from that point on. Enjoy!

·
ISSF Honey Badger
27,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The carnage afterwards...and in the true Brother loves Brother spirit, Keith offers to buy whats left of Nab's car for $200! :D

·
Registered
4,532 Posts
OMG! Crazy!

·
Premium Member
8,454 Posts
DAMN!!! It was bound to happen. I've seen him get squirrely too many times.

Glad Big Daddy Guffey is all well. Time to hang it up?

·
Registered
530 Posts
Humm....maybe he was angry because he was losing and went nuts! LoL!

·
Premium Member
20,353 Posts
Humm....maybe he was angry because he was losing......
C'mon......it was brackets.

You don't know who's won/lost until the clock says so :p !

KW

·
Registered
4,073 Posts
Holy crap! :eek:

Glad he missed the other car though.

EDIT: I could do a sweet movie trailer with that footage.cwm4

·
Registered
7,024 Posts
Glad everybody is OK. But Wow Nabs machine went High Rider on the start. Dont think I have ever seen a b-body do that.

·
Premium Member
20,353 Posts
The carnage afterwards...and in the true Brother loves Brother spirit, Keith offers to buy whats left of Nab's car for $200! :D .......
No need to sell it......that'll buff right out ;) !

KW

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
what was Nab's rear tire pressure?

rear end started to walk around at he big end....ouch
He hit an oily patch left by a MC that blew it's motor. Track staff did a quick check and nothing more.

No need to sell it......that'll buff right out ;) !

KW
Sadly no, it wont. The paint job was worth more than the car. ;)

·
Premium Member
8,454 Posts
what was Nab's rear tire pressure?

rear end started to walk around at he big end....ouch
Track was not cleaned up after a motorcycle spilled it's fluids.

·
ISSF Honey Badger
27,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
ETown has this bad habit of being good good good good and then HORRID.

The track prep was decent and then in the first round, when it counted, the right lane went to ****. Inexcusable.

Then for the 2nd round it was oily and April then Nab got loose on the left. It's not the first time Nab got wild at ETown. They get lazy late in the day and ESPECIALLY when it gets colder late in the season. Inexcusable. They knew it was our championship double points finale. I physically SAW fluid on the track for my run so I went to the left a bit to avoid it. So when I slipped I just thought I was out of the groove but everyone in the right lane slipped too. What a bunch of azzholes.

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
Damn man thats terrible! That car has a beast suspension setup look at that thing jump up in the air!

·
Registered
6,129 Posts
Wow. Quite an exciting way to end the season! Holy Crap! Glad Nab and Keith are ok. :) It's just crazy that the track didn't clean up the spill. Isn't there some sort of liability issue if they don't? I mean, what if some REALLY fast cars were out there??? Ugh. smh

Congrats on the Championship, Keith! :D

Soo..... What's next for Nabbie? Black Bat Returns?

·
ISSF Honey Badger
27,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Damn man thats terrible! That car has a beast suspension setup look at that thing jump up in the air!
Actually that's the rebound from slipping hard off the line. The rear plants and then the spinning gives you a bad hop. If you look close Keith bounced too when he launched because HE spun too. Etown sucked on Saturday!

Crovolicious, I don't think there's any liability, they looked but didn't see anything. Sometimes you can't see it. Besides, they make us all sign a waiver giving us rights to nothing more than an ambulance ride out of there. Actually I'm sure they charge us for that too. :D

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
Glad to see everyone is ok, any word on frame damage?

·
ISSF Honey Badger
27,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Frame damage? To Nab's car? Hahahahahaha! That would be an improvement!

That car is disposable!

-----

The big loss was the front rim, they don't make them anymore! It was worth more than the car!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts