Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I bought these a few days ago and noticed a huge improvement in the thickness of the flanges, thickness of the 3 bolt flange connection, and the headers no longer have a smaller diameter where the three pipes join together mid way down the header. (See pics)
I will be welding some o2 bungs in these and send them out for Ceramic coating.

Also I thought this was interesting about being "Formed from Stainless steel" in the description now

Innovative New Design
Increase Horsepower/Torque
Formed From Stainless Steel
Premium High Temp Gray Finish
Large 3in. Secondary Collector

Has anyone noticed this design improvement?
Also the gaskets have been improved to a much better soft graphite type material header gasket and connector flange gasket

Attachments

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
I've used the old ones back in the day. I've always been impressed how they addressed the 4-7 uneven firing issue by scavenging them differently. That does seem to make a lot of sense. I wonder why the others don't do that? Are they still the 1 5/8 tube size. I've got a set of the old Grottyohans on the automatic Impala and the SLP's on the 6-speed. I still like the 4-7 thingy but I'm not a header engineer.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I bought these a few days ago and noticed a huge improvement in the thickness of the flanges, thickness of the 3 bolt flange connection, and the headers no longer have a smaller diameter where the three pipes join together mid way down the header. (See pics)
I will be welding some o2 bungs in these and send them out for Ceramic coating.

Also I thought this was interesting about being "Formed from Stainless steel" in the description now

Innovative New Design
Increase Horsepower/Torque
Formed From Stainless Steel
Premium High Temp Gray Finish
Large 3in. Secondary Collector

Has anyone noticed this design improvement?
Also the gaskets have been improved to a much better soft graphite type material header gasket and connector flange gasket

1 - 10 of 10 Posts