Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Not sure where this should go, maybe under the tools section if not here.

Found the most affordable in-car camera for less than $10.
Google search '808 camera'

You an get a 4gb memory stick from wally-mart for less than $20 for it; good for about 2 hours of video. Best part is they are simple to use.

Here is a sample video of

·
Registered
785 Posts
every autocrosser should have one of these. that'd make for some awesome videos

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Not sure where this should go, maybe under the tools section if not here.

Found the most affordable in-car camera for less than $10.
Google search '808 camera'

Go here for more details:

http://www.chucklohr.com/808/

·
Registered
8,216 Posts
Pert darn neat there Anthony. When these things finally got small enough I had wanted to hang one from some balloons to shoot way up overhead stuff.

There's a ton 'o damm detailed info on that link. So where do I go to buy a #3 that's going to actually be a #3 on the first try? And maybe not with the bad USB connector would be nice too. ;) Oh, and a vendor that can take cc since I think PP is the devil's tool.

·
Registered
6,130 Posts
That's pretty neat. Thanks Anthony! :D

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I get mine from this vendor:

http://shop.ebay.com/linjiechong/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=&_trksid=p4340

$1 each and $6.55 Standard Flat Rate Shipping

For the evil-bay hater, PM me. I have several that I'll sell for cost plus actual shipping. I bought 5 of them for testing.

Velcro on the back of them and they can stick to just about anything. Not a big fan of velcro on the dash but so there must be a better option.

·
Registered
6,130 Posts
Well I just grabbed a couple. Can't wait to try them out! :)

Thanks again, Ant!

·
Registered
11,219 Posts
I just ordered 2 of the cameras $14.88 total. I found the 4 GB cards for $9.99 at Newegg with free shipping and a free USB card reader.

·
Ultimate Impala Guru!
5,481 Posts
Thanks for posting up! Have plenty of camera solutions already, but at THAT price I picked up a couple and will try some very innovative camera placements (i.e. in spots that have a good chance of knocking the camera off the car, but willing to take that risk) while racing :)

·
Registered
11,219 Posts
These little cameras can be great diagnostic tools...you can mount them with a little velcro or a tiewrap anywhere you have a "problem" and watch the parts in action. Just download the "movie" and you can see what your car is doing while driving. It could help solve a lot of suspension or engine issues that you can't get out and look at while the car is in motion.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts