Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm saving up for my b-day (May), and as a gift to myself, I want to get an indash monitor. Now, I have this one in mind. I wanted to see if anyone else had heard about this company, and see what y'all thought. It's $359 at etronics.com, so it has that going for it in my book, but is it going to be almost 400 bucks down the drain, or what? I'm not too worried about the lack of cd or dvd, since I was planning on getting their 10-cd cd changer if I go with that, and using my PS2 for the dvd input. So I'm just doing my homework right now, and trying to find out as much as possible. tia y'all.

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
7000 members, and not a response... no one at all?

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not too familiar with Pyle. I remember they used to make speakers back in the day but not multi-media. I have a 7" touch screen Clarion multi-media for the last two years and can't complain.

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Is it the clarion VRX815 or the VRX835? Those look sweet. But thanks man, I guess I'll be the guinea pig for this one when May rolls around the corner.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Dont know about that monitor, but I have a Panasonic in dash motorized CD/DVD player in my SS I would be willing to sell for a reasonable price.

I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Being in the car audio world... all I have to say is that the brand name says alot

Pyle of Sh**

Plus you will still need to buy a cd player and a dvd player.. its just a monitor. And its NOT motorized, you have to pull it out and up yourself... stay away!

Save up, that doesnt deserve to be in your ride..

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i.c. i got lanzar motorized flip out for sale.in the houston area. email me if you want to check it out.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Pyle is the worst crap you ever wanna buy. I definately recommmend either save more money than youre already saving and by something else, or post-pone your b-day

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
lol, thanks y'all. Thank god I didn't have to be the guinea pig for this one. Btw, the dvd player didn't bother me much because I'm planning on using my PS2 as the dvd input (the only reason I even got it when it came out). Hey, cscott, which one is it? And colorflipping, is it this one? Because I was looking at that one too. How much are you asking for it? Once again, thanks y'all, that would have been one crappy ass birthday if it's half as bad as y'all say it is. Btw, before I actually go out and test fit it, what do y'all think of this: I just got the idea of putting the ps2 in place of the ashtray/coinholder. It would be kinda cool to just slide it out, load the dvd, and hten slide it back under the dash. Do y'all think it would work? I'll take some measurements in the morning...

I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Originally posted by I.C. SS:
lol, thanks y'all. Thank god I didn't have to be the guinea pig for this one. Btw, the dvd player didn't bother me much because I'm planning on using my PS2 as the dvd input (the only reason I even got it when it came out). Hey, cscott, which one is it? And colorflipping, is it this one? Because I was looking at that one too. How much are you asking for it? Once again, thanks y'all, that would have been one crappy ass birthday if it's half as bad as y'all say it is. Btw, before I actually go out and test fit it, what do y'all think of this: I just got the idea of putting the ps2 in place of the ashtray/coinholder. It would be kinda cool to just slide it out, load the dvd, and hten slide it back under the dash. Do y'all think it would work? I'll take some measurements in the morning...
Wont work (and look good) without some serious time. I am a car audio installer and we couldnt do it without it looking Ghetto... with enough time and materials you can do it but I believe the PS2 is a lil wide for that area..

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yeah, the way I had in mind probably would look ghetto. oh well, just thought it might be a cool way of not only have it within reach, but hide away as well. Well, still have 5 months to sorta plan this out. thanks for the responses y'all.

O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Originally posted by I.C. SS:
it might be a cool way of not only have it within reach, but hide away as well.
just get 2 visor screens. theyre hideaway and withing reach. would probably run you 4-6 hundred bucks for a quality set to be installed. my one friend has emerson screens and they look relly good.

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
No, I was referring to the PS2 idea, but yeah, I gave the visor screens some thought too. My first idea was to go with a head unit that played dvd's, and just have an overhead screen, or visor screens, but the in dash monitor won the vote amongst my friends (had to take a poll, since I couldn't make up my mind.)

O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ah, ok. i got ya. did you take apart the playstation yet? you may be able to just relocate the dvd drive, controller ports, etc. to other places in the car. this gives you more flexibility in the install. i know the x-box is a cake to take apart and put different parts in various areas of the car. never tinkered with the ps2 though. i plan on doing it to my x-box once i get the screen(s)installed and purchase another x-box that would stay inmy house.

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
huh, never thought of just taking it all appart and relocating everything to other parts of the car... I think I am going to look for a used one at a pawn shop or something first so if I screw up, at least I'll still have mine working. Here's a good question though: does anyone know of anyone using the passanger side airbag location in the B-body to hide away a ps2, x-box, etc.? I've seen it in other cars, but I was wondering if anyone had ever seen it in the b-body, because that would be pretty cool too.

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
doesn't look that bad. How is he holding it open though?

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
topic looks a little dead, but if I were to say anything I would hafta say, just save more money!
I, personally am looking at 1st choice= Eclipse AV8533

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
topic looks a little dead, but if I were to say anything I would hafta say, just save more money!
I, personally am looking at 1st choice= Eclipse AV8533 choice Pioneer AVIC-N1.

O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Originally posted by neo-havock:
I, personally am looking at 1st choice= Eclipse AV8533 choice Pioneer AVIC-N1.
Thats a good choice on the eclipse unit. Only thing im asking is if you are going to be using a center channel. only reason is that itd be a waste of money buying one with the digital 5.1 if you arent going to integrate a center channel. which theyd preferably (sp?) want you to use their own center channel.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts