Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a head unit that has a built in nav center and also works as a radio? Something with either a slide out screen or will fit in the factor Impala SS spot.

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
yea plenty at best buy. my best buy has 2 or 3 and they are very nice.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Check out mines

But I got the flip kit from thedetailss.com. I dont think a double in will fit without modification. My homeboy gots a double in pioneer deck and he had to remold the platic in order for it to look right.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Do they all have their own GPS system or is it like garmin/tomtom/etc?

·
Premium Member
4,136 Posts

But I got the flip kit from thedetailss.com. I dont think a double in will fit without modification. My homeboy gots a double in pioneer deck and he had to remold the platic in order for it to look right.
get a pioneer avic n1- n3 if you want a flip out.i have the n3 and it works great.is kinda a pain to hook up mainly on a 94 cause you need a VSS wire.95-96 have it on the factory radio harness.and you have to run a outside ant for the GPS.

·
Premium Member
1,160 Posts

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
Eclipse, Alpine, Kenwood etc..

I have an Eclipse with navigation in my SS. I have Alpine units in both my Burb and my Truck. I like both of them quite a bit.

The eclipse is a double din unit. The Alpines are slide and flip out units.

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Eclipse, Alpine, Kenwood etc..

I have an Eclipse with navigation in my SS. I have Alpine units in both my Burb and my Truck. I like both of them quite a bit.

The eclipse is a double din unit. The Alpines are slide and flip out units.
+1 for the Eclipse. I have the AVN-6610 double DIN with the DetailSS relocation kit. Haven't had any problems with it since I had it. Definitely would buy another one.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts