Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know it is possible to watch DVD's while driving, I have heard you can use a toggle switch to bypass it. If anyone has information on how to do this or even pictures that would be great. Thanks

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
i have had it twice but i dont hook them up, i let the professionals do it. i think they called it an e-brake bypass or sumthin. you hold the brake and flip the switch and "wha-la". or however you spell it, lol.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Its the pioneer 4100 DVD...Yea I was told it was to do with the E brake but dont know exactly how to wire it. The reason I didnt have a professional do it is because I had bought the double din kit from sean form thedetailss.com. Thanks for the feedback

·
Registered
112 Posts
i had this problem wit my jensen, i googled model number along with park bypass and i found that jensen has a special screen where you use your remote and type in a secret code, then boom it's gone. try that instead of wiring up a switch .

·
Registered
112 Posts
i just looked it up for you, there are a few things on there that can help you out.:)

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks SSdream im going to try and find a way to bypass it first through the In Dash, and if that doesnt work ill just use K gee's advice. Thank you again to everyone, Ill keep you all posted

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
on the pioneer 4100 just run the green wire to a switch and ground the switch. This worked on my 4000 fro Pioneer.
he' s right i did it to mines a couple of weeks ago. just ground the green wire thats coming from the unit....

·
Registered
734 Posts
just take a piece a of wire and use a toogle switch and ground it off to u door jam that what i do and if u got a jeensen its a code u can put it to disarm it instead of payin 100 to install the tv

·
Registered
930 Posts
PAC makes a module for doing this with any head unit. I did it with Alpine's best LCD head in a pro street car that had no e-brake.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thank You Everyone

Thank you everyone i was able to bypass it with a toggle switch. It was a very easy set up, I did what many of you guys suggested, I just hooked the green Wire that is suppose to go to the parking brake to a toggle switch and grounded it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
all you have to do is twist together the green wire from radio w/the Black ground wire from the radio and connect to the car's ground , no toggle needed!cwm1

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
You Have to use a toggle switch

If you just ground the E-Brake wire, the screen will constantly show the Warning message.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts