Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there really any increase to be had by swapping the stock manifolds out for the Hooker Shorties?

I put the Hookers on the same time I put on my 3" exhaust with Flowmasters and X-Pipe in 2005, and don't know if the Hookers make a difference all on their own.

I'm contemplating going back to a stock set up, though, because I think I've had my fill with 40 series Flowmasters. I still have the stock manifolds and am thinking I'd like to stick them back on.

Any advice would be helpful.

Thanks
Constantine
1994 Fleetwood Brougham

·
Registered
214 Posts
Is it too loud? Get some queter mufflers and keep the headers if that's your problem.

Yes the headers make a difference. I don't know too much about shorties but I'm guessing 10-15rwhp?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Is it too loud? Get some queter mufflers and keep the headers if that's your problem.

Yes the headers make a difference. I don't know too much about shorties but I'm guessing 10-15rwhp?
No, it's not too loud, but I've been fighting with the headers leaking. I've tightened them, than took them off, put new gaskets on (copper ones) and put them back on. Tightened them some more and they are still leaking.

Before I looked into getting the back end machined, I thought I'd get some insight from anyone here on if these hookers give any kind of gain, or if the majority of the seat of the pants feel was from the exhaust system itself.

Thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.