Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im planning on getting an Indash tv/stereo with a pop out monitor. Will i have any problems putting one in my dash? Im afraid the the monitor part will hit the top dash pad when it pops out/up.

Doesn anyone have a this kind of setup in their car?? Pics?? Comments?

Thanks fellas!

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Have you performed a search on this topic yet? Your anwser may be there.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well, I have a 7" flip out dvd player, I just took the heater knobs out of my 95, and it fits perfect. I can get pics if you want.

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
in all the installs I've seen the headunit has to stick out the dash so the screen wont hit the dash top

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Im sure you know the 91's have a different dash than the 95's. The 91 dash has a "ledge" like thing thats comes off the top of the dash at the front. The radio kit that i have has a couple different faces that are thicker than the one i have in there now. Im gonna play with it and see if it will not hit the dash once its installed.

If it still hit the dash after install then i am going to take the top dash pad off and cut a notch for it. Then i will take the top pad and fiberglass the whole thing and paint it the same color as the car.

Ill post pics once i get the TV and get it installed. Thanks for the replies!

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Much thanks for putting the word out Mattia-SS!

TiMe, can you post some pics of you dash? There isn't any 91's in town that I can look at to see a dash.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts