Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys,I'm looking for some cheap monitors(5.6-7"),for my kids. I'm thinking of just going with monitors that mount to the headrest brackets,so I can take them out when not needed.I dont need the best picture ,but I dont want total junk.These Pyramids look good,but are they junk?And how about some wirerless headphones(what brand&who to buy from?)
Thanks for any info.
Jim

Pyramid MV7SC 7" TFT LCD Color Monitor w/Universal Headrest Bracket

Manufacturer: Pyramid
Lowest Price: $ 104.99
Description: Pyramid's MV7SC Mobile Video features: screen size: 7.2", system: NTSC, power source: DC 12V+/-10%, power

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Originally posted by 92RoadMonsterWagon:
Got mine on ebay for 35.00 each.

Ummm... Care to enlighten us???
What brand? Who was the seller? Email me if you like! :D

How do you like them???

I'm going to be building a center console soon and will be relocating the radio to it and wanted to put a screen in the dash with a dvd player and maybe screens in the headrests. At 35 bucks a pop, that is VERY do-able!

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
All I can tell you is they are TecVox I bought them almost a year ago. The seller had about 96 of them and the buy it now price was $35.00 each.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Roadmonster'

How is the picture on those moniters, direct sunlight, angles, that kind of thing. Any complaints? Thanks and let me know I am very interested at a price like that or maybe something close to that.

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm really impressed with them. The quality seems close to what I'm getting from my alpine drop down.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What exactly should I look for in a screen NOT to buy? I am looking at doing 3 screens in my car soon. One 7" in the dash and two 5" for the hearests (but attached to the headrest posts). I also plan on getting a DVD player for the car. I'd like to do this all as cheaply as possible... Anybody got any suggestions?

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I hate to say it but it looks like I got the last of the good deals on the TecVox monitors.... ebay now only has then listed for about $197.00 dollars for two... :eek:

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I guess nobody has any input on the Pyramid monitors?

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i'd shy away from those pyramid monitors, the picture is very poor. try to find t-view, movies-to-go,or audiovox monitors. these have a good picture with good off-axis viewing. of course pioneer, alpine, and most other name brand monitors will be good. i've installed some techvox screes that were good, while others had a grainy picture. do not buy starvision monitors, they have very bad pictures.
hope this helps you out.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
what about the legacy monitors that are on ebay all the time around $100 for a 7" screen.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks for the info.!I'll check out the other brands.
Do you guys suggest I install them in the headrest or use the mounting brackets,so I can remove them?

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Turbowagon, I have a 7.2 monitor I bought on e-bay. The pic is good just not that good from the sides, but is turns left and right so you can always see it head on. It's a flip down. I sold the car now I need to sell the monitor. It was only used for around a week. I can send pics if you would like to see it.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts