Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,

Well since my old system was stolen a few months back I have finally decided to go ahead with an entire new system. I am going to pull out the old bosotn RC61's and put in new infinity perfect 6.1 component sets. I am wondering if they will fit in the front doors? Is anybody using them in a Impala SS? I have been putting it off as so getting a new system and finally decided to make sure my alarm is upgraded to handle the new system(ie interior pain generators,battery backup and other goodies). I have not used infinity before but I assume it to be a well made product. I am choosing all infinity speakers because I get it below cost at work. Here is the new setup. 2 Perfect 6.1 component sets at $150 each. 3 10" infinity perfect 10.1 D at $73 in the rear deck. Would you guys recommend a sealed or vented box for these subs? I wanted to do three 12.1d's but the opening in my rear deck is only 37 inches. For amps i am going to be using MTX as they have nice accomodation pricing for me. My bass amp is the mtx 1501D which is supposed to be like 1500 rms watts($256). For my mids and highs I am going to use an MTX 684($180). As you can see most of these prices are steals so that's why i'm going to use these components. If you have any comments about the selection or have had problems in the past please e-mail me at [email protected]. Thanks again guys.

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I'm using Infinity Kappa 6.1 6.5" components. I used the templates and still had to cut some metal inside the door to enlarge the hole for the speaker. Depthwise they fit without any problems.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok thanks for the info. Also does anybody know where i can get the wodden mounts to put the 6.5's in the door and do they angle them towards you or are they just screw in. thanks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts