Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i need all the info regarding modifications on lt1's i currently have a 95 RMS. the current mods ive done are home plate and first base delete courtesy of home depo. VX series mufflers knock offs of flowmsters. rebuilt trans and new distributor. need some info i recently noticed that there is a slight delay in my throttle when i hit my gas and wondering what is that caused from or is that normal idk. and also want to know if i replace the intake manifold and up grade to a 52mm throttle body will it make a big difference

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
no real benefit to the 52mm TB unless you have some good bolt ons. The only replacement intake is edelbrock and it doesn't have anymore power than stock. Hesitation could be because of EGR.

·
Registered
570 Posts
i need all the info regarding modifications on lt1's i currently have a 95 RMS. the current mods ive done are home plate and first base delete courtesy of home depo. VX series mufflers knock offs of flowmsters. rebuilt trans and new distributor. need some info i recently noticed that there is a slight delay in my throttle when i hit my gas and wondering what is that caused from or is that normal idk. and also want to know if i replace the intake manifold and up grade to a 52mm throttle body will it make a big difference
Check your throttle cable to see if it has slack in it. Mine used to have a lot, but it's a quick/simple fix.

·
Registered
570 Posts
google lol
you can even google craigslist postings... (ie... "craigslist LT1 52mm throttle") instead of trying to search city by city

·
Registered
570 Posts
come to think of it, it is slack during my home plate and first base delete i noticed it. how do i fix this?
It's hard to explain w/o looking at it, but there's a little plastic clamp on there. You have to open that up, take the slack out of the cable, then close it back up. Done deal.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.