Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm just in the process of a buying a 92-94 caprice wagon.

Can anyone tell me what to be wary of when byuing one of these?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
be wary of the stinky engines in the 92 and 93 models, get a 94, I think all wagons got the LT1 in 94, then just look for normal stuff like check the exhaust for leaks, make sure theres no major rust anywhere, these cars are very durable, so don't be too worried

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
One other thing to keep in mind is this: Some wagons have an optional 3rd seat. These are usually referred to as 8-passenger wagons. If you get one of these, the spare tire is located directly aft of the right rear wheel well. That's not the problem. The problem is if you want to put an aftermarket exhaust system in. Impala SS exhausts will go right in to wagons that do not have a 3rd seat, but will not fit with the spare relocated to provide for this option. I ordered a Dynomax exhaust (they assured me it would bolt right in) and had to have it cut, stretched and welded to make it fit.

Also, if you get a 96 Buick Roadmaster, it will have "collectors edition" stuff all over the place. This was the LAST real (V8, RWD) stationwagon made. I have had no problems to speak of with mine. Good luck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.