Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just like the title states: anyone know of a forum that may have some info specific to the Tahoe police package? I may end up buying one, and I'm trying to find more info on what it came with, what kind of PCM mods it has to begin with (and what else can be done), etc.

TIA.

·
Registered
667 Posts
I want one of these in a bad way, but they are very few and far between in the midwest and when they are found they have high mileage and are typically in bad shape. Civilian Tahoes 1999-2000's still command a good amount of money also. Vin Guy I want details and when you flip it and I know you will I've got dibs's :)

·
Premium Member
4,753 Posts
Seen em. Don't like em. Only 2wd. Nothing special about them except that they have a work truck interior, not too many bells or whistles, & drivetrain is average truck. Brother has a 99

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks VIN.

So I'm guessing the PCM can be toyed with just like with any other OBD-II Vortec truck?

·
Registered
5,742 Posts
I'd think the only thing different in programming is the speed cutoff. The rest is regular Tahoe. Mine has 129k, and has a receipt in the glovebox where it had a GM replacment engine installed at 77k. The drivetrain is great, and the 4L$hittyE actually shifts right, too. It came with only the front two buckets (cloth), and all I found for cheap were matching blue leather for the middle row, so that's what it has now. I still have several hours of heatgunning the decals off though.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts