Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I Was Searching Online And I Found Some After Market Impala Grills On A Site Called Next Tag...they Were Only $50 With Out The Emblem... Has Anybody Had One Before,, Im Basically Trying To Find Out If Its Durable And A Good Buy???

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
the one i got off ebay was 42 shipped and worked perfect

·
Super Moderator
5,767 Posts
There's at least a couple different types of aftermarket grilles. One has the correct bowtie shape for the grille emblem, while the other has a parallelogram shape that is incorrect.

Check ebay for pics. You can find both types quickly.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
There's at least a couple different types of aftermarket grilles. One has the correct bowtie shape for the grille emblem, while the other has a parallelogram shape that is incorrect.

Check ebay for pics. You can find both types quickly.
OH BOY!.. didnt even pay that any attention.. going back to look now.. thanks brother..

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
ill post a link to the one i bought

·
Registered
1,167 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
the price went up 4 bucks but here goes....and about the emblem shape when a bowtie is in you can even tell i have had to take a few double takes myself. and the pic is a bad angle it NOT that noticeable

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/CHEVY-IMPALA-94-96-GRILLE-SS-MODEL-BLK-CAR-95-NEW-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQfitsZModelQ3aImpalaQQhashZitem3a5e955e6dQQitemZ250694950509QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories#ht_2097wt_1165
Bet that.. i went back to check it out and i couldnt make out the difference.. The grills all look the same to me as far as the shape where the center bow goes.. so i have a question? do the bows sticks on ???.. i had one before but always thought it was made with the bow attached in the center...thanks

·
Premium Member
2,542 Posts
If anyone wants to buy this style grill, PM me. I have one that I scotch-bright'ed getting ready for paint, but ended up going with an OEM DGGM grille from Hamilton Chevy.

·
Premium Member
2,542 Posts
Look at the shape of the center of the grille. It is a parallelogram. That is incorrect.

It should be a bowtie, like this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Impala-SS-Green-Gray-Grill-Assembly-1994-96-Genuine-GM-/390228322414?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item5adb6ba86e
You are correct sir. That's because the Chevy bowtie emblem is trademarked, and they can't legally reproduce it. The Bowtie emblem does fit in the opening on the aftermarket grille, it just is not identical in the bowtie shape in the center.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
damn son the top and bottom of the bowtie is gone how ever would anybody live without it heres my old ride with that same ebay grill with NO emblem in the middle, i sold the car b4 i got a chance to get one...now honestly can u tell??

·
Premium Member
2,542 Posts
Pix of aftermarket grille

OK guys, here are some shots of the aftermarket grille I bought, scotchbrited for paint, but never used.

It's identical to the OEM grille, except for the bowtie emblem in the center, but that really can't be distinguished once it's got the emblem in place. The rubber end pieces aren't shown, as I took them off when I scuffed.

·
Premium Member
2,542 Posts
I know I also have an old OEM emblem somewhere in the garage. If I can find that, I'll take a picture of it with the aftermarket grille as well

1 - 19 of 19 Posts