·
Registered
5,280 Posts
Its not a splice- its a piece of TAPE! LOL

Nab

·
Premium Member
20,400 Posts
Its not a splice- its a piece of TAPE! LOL.......
Besides.....you wouldn't need to splice (or do anything to) the wires if you wanted 'larger' injectors.

KW

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
...I imagine it could be they are larger injectors, though I'm not sure why with a stock engine. Anyone know how I can quickly identify the stock injectors? Part number, color, main body width?
Based on your pic, those certainly look like stock injectors. Whether they're original or not...? But probably are. And yeah, we all have that tape to help prevent each now exposed FI wire set from chaffing.

LTx - 24# & L99 - 19#. And they look identical.

·
Registered
3,088 Posts

After 230K my cylinder #4 FI connector stopped working and the mech replaced it like that(well shrink wrapped ya get me...) with another one from a camaro.

we cranked it with a noid light and the connector was DOA, the wire was disconnected from the connector UNDER the shielding so it was hard to find.

-ALF out...

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Its not a splice- its a piece of TAPE! LOL

Nab
It's very obvious that it is tape. What is odd is the location. The only reason I would tape something like that is if I had soldered wires in the taped location.

I wasn't going to take the tape off and investigate if the injectors were stock. I don't have a reference for stock ones, so was hard to tell.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.