Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have my rear end dropped ready to put in all the new suspension components. I have Kaotic uppers and lowers with poly bushings, Hotchkis springs and QA1's. Now, for the UCA to axle bushings, should I attempt to install poly ones of leave the stock rubber ones in place? The shells are rusted to the axle so removal would be a pain but otherwise the bushings look in decent shape. Am I risking anything here by leaving the stock rubber bushings at one end? Will they deteriorate pretty quickly?

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I left the stock rubber bushings on the diff. They looked great - brand new compared to the ones on the arms...I have had no problems.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
- The last time I checked (6-7 weeks) the most popular choice was to keep OEM bushings in the rear UCA's. There is a bunch of info on this that does not need repeating here.

Even if your UCA busings look "in decent shape", if they are original, they are 9-10 years old and must be well along in their lifespan. For the relatively inexpensive cost of replacements and the opportunity to do the work with the axle already dropped, I don't see how you could not replace these now.

-Jay

1 - 3 of 3 Posts