Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just completed the installation of a HA rear and Hellwig front bars. The rear is a no brainier. The Hellwig comes with all the required hardware (w/endlinks) but the frame bolts. Took me approximately 2.5 to install, but I painted all the hardware and brackets with a high temp gloss black paint, cleaned the tires and rims, etc…. The SS is real flat around corners and appears to bounce less. The Hellwig bar measured at 1.315" with paint. I think this would be a good substitution for the F-body bar. I will have to see how it handles in the rain and at the track. I purchased mine for Summit ($130 with handling), other may be cheaper. :D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Sorry. I forgot to add something on my last post. With the Hellwig bar on the front, the sway bar still has approximately 1" of clearance from the wheels at the stock steering stops. This means the tires or rims will not rub like the stock bars. I also found my stock bat rubbing against a radiator hose.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.