Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put posted some pics on my webshots page. Nothing out of the ordinary, but it's the first time I have done this, they came out better than I expected!
See you guys in 120 days.....Iraq bound tomorrow morning!

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
help me understand (not to down play the customizing you have done or any thing) but why has it become so popular to add tv sets to a vehicle nowadays?I just dont see the point,I love driving my car,but I dont think I would want to drive and try to watch tv.I just drive to fast to have my attention divided.Maybe its just me.And why did you mount the sets so the passangers in the rear can see them,do you transport that many people?Im just courious.It would be nice for camping I guess.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They look great. The whole car looks great. Two thumbs up here.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not bad. You should use grey model paint around the lcd trim, So when the cars parked they dont end up missing. ;)

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by capricedriven:
help me understand (not to down play the customizing you have done or any thing) but why has it become so popular to add tv sets to a vehicle nowadays?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
I have always wanted a TV in the car since I was a kid. I have a lot of family out of state so when we traveled in a car for 12 hours it was very boring. My wife and I take a few trips to visit family and friends and it's very nice to watch a movie or something while your not in the drivers seat.
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by capricedriven:
[QB]And why did you mount the sets so the passangers in the rear can see them,do you transport that many people?Im just courious.QB]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's illegal to have TV's in the front of the car. Although mine is mounted in the front part of my roof.

That's my input

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Capricedriven,

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>help me understand (not to down play the customizing you have done or any thing) but why has it become so popular to add tv sets to a vehicle nowadays? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't know how old you are, but back when I started to drive, it was unusual to see someone with a CD player in their car. I am sure that there are some folks on this board that would say the same for a tape deck, or even an 8 track. I think now, video is in, plus when my wife kicks me out of the house, I have something to do now. :D

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR> I just dont see the point,I love driving my car,but I dont think I would want to drive and try to watch tv.I just drive to fast to have my attention divided.Maybe its just me.And why did you mount the sets so the passangers in the rear can see them,do you transport that many people?Im just courious. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You answered your question yourself. Your right, I wouldn't want to drive and watch TV, that is exactly why they are in the back. I did this for my son, and yes, we do travel a lot. I am in the Air Force, I live in Florida and my parents and brother live in VA. It's not easy trying to keep my 8 year old occupied for 10 hours via a CD player or radio. LOL!

Thanks for the comments everyone!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts