Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I finally got the front speakers I had been lusting over for a couple years. I coughed up the money and got a great deal because they were the last ones in the store and discontinued.
Here they are:

Kenwood dual mags! 5.25's. Wooo-Hooo!!!

Here's my what my door panel looks like. Plenty of sound deadening from the factory!

The Caddy even has cool little enclosures for the 5.25.

And here's the finished product (without door panel):

From the factory my car came with 5.25 separates. The tweet is mounted slightly higher on the door, near the handle. So I left it disconnected so I could use the tweet on my new speakers. Well, leave it to F#%@(&%$ Cadillac to finally do something RIGHT!!!!
ARRRRGH!!!! The speakers were actually crossed over somewhere. I had no idea where it is though. Only lower frequencies are sent to the woofer. Grrrr... So I had to reconnect my stock tweets for now. Anybody have any idea where the factory crossover is located in a Caddy? Is it near the amp in the trunk? (Haven't looked there yet)

Thanks guys! :D

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There is not a factory crossover (that I know of) but there is probably a capacitor/resistor combo in line somewhere close to the speaker.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by HACK:
There is not a factory crossover (that I know of) but there is probably a capacitor/resistor combo in line somewhere close to the speaker.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's what I thought, and I looked, but I couldn't find anything. The wires for the tweeter had caps in them, but not the ones to the woofer... :( Any other thoughts?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts