Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
1,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After seing how good the lights BigBlackBeaSSt had on his wagon, I decided to buy a set for mine. They look good, and they seem much brighter too. I still havent decided if I like the cornering lights. I am kind of thinking of going with the stock ones. Also, the clears seem to fit the look of a white wagon more than my DCM. Let me know what you think.

· Registered
2,107 Posts
After seing how good the lights BigBlackBeaSSt had on his wagon, I decided to buy a set for mine. They look good, and they seem much brighter too. I still havent decided if I like the cornering lights. I am kind of thinking of going with the stock ones. Also, the clears seem to fit the look of a white wagon more than my DCM. Let me know what you think.

They look good. I put the clear front parking light bulbs in mine. they look clear but turn amber when you turn them on. It helps the look. If you get rid of the clear corners LMK.

· Registered
1,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

· Registered
1,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
They look good. I put the clear front parking light bulbs in mine. they look clear but turn amber when you turn them on. It helps the look. If you get rid of the clear corners LMK.
What color bulb did you put in the corner parking lights? The clear kind of sucks and barely puts out any light.

· Registered
797 Posts
Do LED

· Registered
120 Posts
The headlights look nice! Might have to get a pair for the OCC. They sure look brighter up against the garage door, hopefully they will improve night driving. I guess leave the corner light assemblies in for a while and see if you like them or not. So you say the clear cornering lamp isn't as bright as the stock one?

· Registered
1,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Teh corner light design of the after markets is the problem. The stock ones light up the whole amber part, these are just a bulb in its own pocket and theres no where for it to reflect onto. It looks like if I were take them apart I might be able to move the bulb behind the round reflector. Have to look into that some more

· Registered
120 Posts
Oh, you're talkin about the little turn signal light. I thought you were talking about the large cornering light not being bright enough. I looked at my lights so I see what you are saying about the stock turn signal light illuminating the whole reflector. You're going to have to do something either way, I think that light needs to be amber for legal reasons. You know CT will stop you for light color infractions...

Teh corner light design of the after markets is the problem. The stock ones light up the whole amber part, these are just a bulb in its own pocket and theres no where for it to reflect onto. It looks like if I were take them apart I might be able to move the bulb behind the round reflector. Have to look into that some more

· Registered
1,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Oh, you're talkin about the little turn signal light. I thought you were talking about the large cornering light not being bright enough. I looked at my lights so I see what you are saying about the stock turn signal light illuminating the whole reflector. You're going to have to do something either way, I think that light needs to be amber for legal reasons. You know CT will stop you for light color infractions...
I plan to get amber bulbs at a minimum. The cornering lights are more than bright enough now. I don't think CT will really care too much as long as its not green or something.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.