Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the interior out of the car to install the carpet I got from Tom Fredrico.

It seems as though it is too wide. Does this stuff need trimming or is it supposed to fit perfectly?

Thanks in advance.

- Brett Smith

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
might need minor trimming, best way to tell is pull the old carpet out and lay it out on the ground, set the new carpet on top of it and cut out any holes for seatbelts, seats, and trim off any excess

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Old carpet was the rubber crap, so that will make it real fun, since it is two pieces.

I guess I will just start putting it all back together, and where it doesn't fit, cut.

- Brett Smith

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It needs a lil trimming. If you get a blade - box cutter style, it will cut through like a hot knife through butter. The trick is to have a few new blades handy. When it starts to get dull, replace it rather than 'dealing with it.' I cut mine AFTER I installed it to avoid cutting it too short. I also left a lil extra (tucked in at the door sill) just in case (i.e. stereo wires).

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My best and only advice is taking it to an upholstery shop. That will give you the best fit possible.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It doesn't look all that bad. I have one area that needs to be trimmed, so it doesn't bubble, and then it just needs a little trimming around the edges.

It is some nice quality though. I feel bad putting it in the car.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I got it, it looks fine.

Thank God.

Thanks for the help guys.

- Brett Smith

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.