Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm picking up a 95 Caprice roller soon and is missing the harness. I have several 96 harnesses and was wondering if installing it would work. I have a PCM4LESS OBD2 to OBD1 PCM that I want to install with the harness (plus the use of the 96 coil). Other than the crank sensor, 2 extra 02 sensors, and different knock sensors, is there any other issues that I might encounter?

Will the 95 ALDL plug work with the 96 harness?

·
Registered
731 Posts
Evap purge solenoid is different as well, not sure if the plug changed because of it, though.
I'm almost sure plug is the same, the change that dictates the different part # for the 96's, is the way the solenoid mounts to the intake (96's have a stand-alone bracket that attaches them to an intake bolt stud, instead of the style that clips directly to the home plate bracket on '94-'95's).

This was brought to my attention just recently regarding what to do with the solenoid after installing injector covers; HuSSker informed me that you could swap the '96 solenoid onto a '94-'95 to attach it properly, instead of just laying it beside the intake manifold plentum.

·
Premium Member
2,705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the info. I don't plan on running the evap system anyway since this will be a drag car.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts