Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Their instructions don't tell you to do anything with it.

Can I just zip tie it and vent it to atmosphere?

Thanks for any insight

·
Registered
731 Posts
Im not much help since I don't own an SSRI, but I do know that you don't want to vent the opti to the atmosphere, as it will draw unfiltered air into it, and also the air won't be registered with the MAF.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hmmm...the little blue plastic vent hose that goes into the intake path is post MAF and pre throttle body so it's already post-maf and shouldn't matter.

I could be (and most likely) totally missing something.

·
Registered
731 Posts
hmmm...the little blue plastic vent hose that goes into the intake path is post MAF and pre throttle body so it's already post-maf and shouldn't matter.

I could be (and most likely) totally missing something.
ALL air introduced into the MAF-controlled GENII engine has to go through the MAF for the fueling to be correct.

Venting the opti to the atmosphere will let the intake manifold pull a small vacuum that bypasses the MAF, therefore causing the same effect as small vacuum leak. (The MAF will under-report the actual amount of air going into the engine)

·
Premium Member
1,401 Posts
Check the base of your filter. Mine has a little hole that the opti vent plugs into.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
awesome, thanks for the info and insight guys. Will check the filter now.

Appreciate it

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
checked the filter and found the hole, thanks.

Appreciate the MAF info...realized the flow of air with this vent tube now that I discovered the hole in the filter.

always nice to find the hole :) :D

·
Premium Member
1,889 Posts
So you put it in the wrong hole?

Sean

·
Registered
6,949 Posts
always nice to find the hole :) :D
So you put it in the wrong hole?

Sean

Okay I laughed.

I don't have that intake but when I used a universal boot to the throttle body before I just poked a small hole and put the blue piece in it. I would put it in the boot between the filter and TB.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts