Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok Yesterday I installed the front porportioning valve bolt I took out spring and red looking plunger thing then screwed in the small bolt. That part was easy now the hard part was the rear bolt for the metering bolt the longer of bolt of kit, the thing was I could not remove the rear bolt at all no matter what I tried. I ended up stripping it and it looks like I have to take out the whole combi valve to remove that rear bolt. Has anyone have that same problem? Also since I only installed the front mod bolt is the braking now 65-30? or did I need to install rear bolt mod to see the change? For those who dont know what Im talking about Its the stealth bolt kit from proforged.

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
The rear bolt I believe is the one that adjusts the timing of when the brakes come on. Drum breaks take time to 'energize' while disc brakes do not. Since the brake system was stolen from the Caprice which has drum rears the delay factor is not needed in the Impalas. (Again, this is all from memory so I might be wrong)

I didn't install the rear bolt as like you said, it seemed like it was a PITA to remove and I didn't want to break something. I haven't had any problems thus far.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
@simplytheBess Yea man that damn rear bolt had me and my bro stumped and we stripped it trying to get it off. That and trying to remove brakelines was a all day job which all we got done was putting in front valve on combi and bleeding brakes. LOL

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
@simplytheBess Yea man that damn rear bolt had me and my bro stumped and we stripped it trying to get it off. That and trying to remove brakelines was a all day job which all we got done was putting in front valve on combi and bleeding brakes. LOL
Ah don't feel bad. It takes me 4 hours to replace the valve cover gasket on my ranger. Did that Friday night.

And I H A T E bleeding brakes. Don't know why, just never liked doing it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.