1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
Looking to bid on this sway bar for my 94 RMS It has brand new springs and shock up front, rear will in a couple weeks so perfect time IMHO. Pic below.....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220463985865&_trksid=p2759.l1259

Do these bolt on to the trailing arms with just nuts and bolts or do I need a pair of brackets to install on the trailing arms like on this bar?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/94-9...emQQimsxZ20090728?IMSfp=TL0907281710005r35787

Thanks,
Pose

pose yea it will bolt up using existing bolts and nuts

but not a good idea. many ppl have had bolts break off...or control arm break ...the stock bar is about as big as it can go with stock control arms to be safe.

edit just opened the link..that bar will work fine.

u need the c Chanel brackets to mount on the control arm. the arms should be drilled for the bolts to slide from the top. however u will need the mounting c channels,bolt's ,washer's, and nut's.

·
Registered
377 Posts
These are the brackets and spacers you need. The spacers are there to prevent the control arms from getting crushed from over tightening.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Makes sense to me. Are these usually available at your typical parts stores, or are there more specific places where I need to look?

Thanks,
Pose

·
Registered
377 Posts
Makes sense to me. Are these usually available at your typical parts stores, or are there more specific places where I need to look?

Thanks,
Pose
Not sure if you can get them at the parts store. I got those with the sway bar at the local U-pull yard.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hey Kevin.

Thanks for the effort. I'll take what you have, and can fab the other half if need be. Let me know when you're ready to ship and I'll pm you my info.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
On the subject of rear springs.....

Thinking of going variable rate since they are, of course variable rate . Also, they are cheaper!!!

For the RMS I know I need Moog CC621's. My local Advance Auto parts has those as well as TRW's with the same part number, and nickname Hef-T-Coil.

Are there any differences between the two? I could save $20 with the TRW's if they are the same.

Thanks

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Anyone have an exploded view or a pic of a finished install of the rear sway bar? Wanting to double check the placement of components before I install.

Thanks

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Finally installed the sway bar. Used bolt-in mounts from GM that actually box in the lower trailing arms and provide mounts for the sway bar.

Installation was 20 minutes. The RMS handles better than my old 1987 442 did!!!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.