Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im doing the qalos intake mod, and was noticing it didnt mention anything about the hose running to the intakebox..i still have the AIR pump installed though ive read a few articles suggesting i remove this...is it a big mod or is there a way for me to eliminate the box and slap a cone filter on it...or is it more beneficial to just clean the k&n flat filter in it and stay with the box

·
Premium Member
8,383 Posts
You can do the intake mod and for the Air pump hose, you can get a K and N style breather filter, the air pump removal isn't hard, but it depends on the year of your car as to how "easy" it is. IF you have a 96 then you have to get the PCM reprogrammed or when you pull the pull you will throw a code. IF you are in an emissions state that does underhood inspections, you may just want to leave it in there or do the TSB to have it removed by the dealer.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
so if i do the breather that would connect to the actual box? what if i wanted to eliminate the box and put a cone on..then id have to remove the pump??

mines a 95 with sport comp hooker headers..dunno if that matters

·
Premium Member
8,383 Posts
WEll since you have a 95 and I am assuming that you don't have emission testing, you can remove the pump and the lines from the headers and cap or plug the header connections and just do away with the system and call it a day, if you want to retain the air pump, you can tie the hose up to the core support or something similar with the breather filter installed and it would work the same. you need the filter on it so it doesn't suck in water or other debris, wouldn't matter too much I guess since it only pumps air in theory to the exhaust system, but just a good measure

·
Registered
8,686 Posts
you can also just delete the hose and put a small K&N filter directly on the air pump

FWIW the "TSB" states "disable"....not "delete" the air pump.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts