Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I must comment on the latest suspemsion set up I'm running. ST springs in the fron and the "RX" HD wagon springs in the rear. Thing handles as crisp as it did with the rear ST's but rides MUCH smoother. Funny how it sits the same as with the ST's. ;) Oh, did I forget to mention that I have about 1000 lns of crap in the trunk and back seat!

I loaded the car for my move to Naperville with the ST's on the rear. Not good. The Wheel well molding was level with the wheel. Not the tire, but the wheel! Scott cam by and helped me switch to the RX's and man, it is awsome! It'll have a 70's Starsky and Hutch rake to it when its unloaded, but hey, maybe I'll start a new trend!

The RX'x are the ones I used when I towed a 5000 lb boat. They are great springs.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Whats up when you get to napervile the first thing you gotta do is take the ST springs out. I had them in and i wrecked my impala. See concerns under Wrecken my impala SS. When are you gonna be all moved in? Hope to see ya at shows/racetrack. Let me know. Dave

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Saw your post. Sorry to hear about it. I love the ST's. I have some SCCA Drivers training under my belt. Combined with the HA/F-body the car has a slight oversteer. I droped the rear air pressure a little to make it even. I really like the way it handles. Very preidictable for me so I think I'll keep them in. First think I'm going to do is get the car inspected and put the exports back on! Them the ST rears go back on. Then comes the T84 install, then the 6 Speed! Think I have a plan?

Later ;)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.