Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

Does anybody know where I can get a driver's side door panel for a '95 SS? It seems that the part is discontinued. I am asking because the '95 SS I'm about to buy has a crack in the panel right next to the power controls and I want to replace it.

Thanks

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Check out www.car-part.com. Start by looking for a scrapyard in your area that has one so you could pick it up. If not, you should be able to find a yard that has one and is willing to ship. if the color doesn't match, you could use SEM to dye it to match. Do a search on SEM for more info. Good luck.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks,

I tried the website but it gave me a bad html error. At least now I have a head start.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've noticed a problem with my two front door panels. There is a hole in each right above the pocket at the bottom of the panel. It looks like a bolt or something belongs there to attach the panel to the door. But they are both missing from the left and right side panel. What piece am I missing and how do I get one?

Thanks

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Bryan,

To my knowledge, there were no "bolts" holding on the door panel. I have seen the some strange things on the 9C1's from time to time, so who knows, maybe they rigged something on your car. Try car-part.com again. Keep refreshing, sometimes it gave me that error message too. After I refreshed it a few times it worked. Good luck.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Bryan : those holes are for screws that hold the panel to the door. They usually fall out and/or strip the first time you remove the panel. Mine (the screws) aren't there anymore

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Is it possible to replace those screws? The door panel feels a little loose without them.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah, they're just flat head #6 sheet metal screws. Inch, inch & a half long. If that size won't hold, try #8 screws. Nothin' special or precise about them. - Jim

P. S. But they MUST be pretty! :D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ahh, I see! The Impala door panels have the pull handle, so they bolt in from underneath. The Caprice panels have the "armrest pull" and bold in from the top.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well I just put in a call to my dealer and they'll be in from Houston tomorrow morning.

And I'm hoping they'll be pretty! ;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.