Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Im wondering if anyone knows where to get our door panel plugs and metal hardware for the insides that hold our doors firm. About 4 are missing the metal part and almost all do not have the plastic part. Im fixing the two door panels which cracked pretty bad and fixing one sides bezel (door pull area). These are off since im fixing just the motors for my two front windows so they can finally open and im comfortable in the heat. Thank you.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,854 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you I'll be going then, my junkyard likes to overcharge and our platforms are never there so its a waste of time and 2 bucks for nothing. Just wanted to see if they were available elsewhere online sucks if not until i figure out what to do and how to keep my panels flush.

·
Registered
976 Posts
I may have some of the metal dudes if you're not in a hurry?
Probably saved them from when I replaced my door panels?
I can dig around through my junk...if you want

·
Registered
7,988 Posts
I have seen the plastic clips at chain auto part stores
Yeah, think you'll find them in most "Help" sections at advance, autozone, etc.

OP - on those metal parts....your best bet is a member here or the yards. I had some from other door panels but it's unusual for this to just fall out. so maybe missing from before or you suspect they may be broken?

Those just push onto plastic standoffs on the door panel. I've had some that were loose and wouldn't "bite" onto the plastic standoff and just slide right off. I had luck by just flattening the metal clip where it goes over those standoffs, then it will bite into the plastic and stay put.

Sometimes the plastic standoff will break and there is no material left for these to slide over and bite into. I had this happen on 1 of the mounts and just epoxied the metal bracket to the panel. It will never come off again. :smile2:

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I will be buying 2 or 3 from you, luckily an Impala owner knew what I needed and had 2 laying around, it'll be enough to get one on each corner for now but thank you i'll be buying them from you very soon.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Epoxy's a good idea, all of the plastic that the metal bracket goes onto are gone so im trying the zip tie way for now. My new stopping point is the regulator/motor; do I just grind off the three rivets near the motor and take off the three bolts for the regulator and pop out the window roller studs to release the window and to grind off the arm rest rivets to release it for space to get it all out, I do not have big rivets to replace the ones for the motors but I do have some for the arm rest.

·
Registered
8,519 Posts
JB weld worked for me. Used it to attach the dislodged metal clip...if you find them in the bottom of your door.

used JB on the door rear facing courtesy light bulb bracket that broke away from panel also.

·
Premium Member
1,648 Posts
Epoxy's a good idea, all of the plastic that the metal bracket goes onto are gone so im trying the zip tie way for now. My new stopping point is the regulator/motor; do I just grind off the three rivets near the motor and take off the three bolts for the regulator and pop out the window roller studs to release the window and to grind off the arm rest rivets to release it for space to get it all out, I do not have big rivets to replace the ones for the motors but I do have some for the arm rest.
I believe this may help you out. https://www.impalassforum.com/vBulletin/4-interior/232364-broken-window-roller-fix-step-step-instructions.html I got my rollers and Christmas trees at Auto Zone but Hamilton Chevrolet usually has the entire kit for one window. I've seen them on Ebay. search Hamilton.

Mark: Snowman-33

·
Registered
11,219 Posts
I have, or can get the metal parts. The lower door panels are made from styrene, like plastic model kits, and can be glued with MEK.

I use scrap plastic, and MEK to rebuild the lower door panels. Often the metal clips will have a small piece of plastic in them, and it can be welded to the post on the panel with MEK. You need to keep pressure on the part until the MEK evaporates, or it will pop up. I use a paste of plastic, and MEK to reinforce the joint. On the flat surfaces I put window screen on the back side with the MEK paste to reinforce them, after welding them with the MEK.

I need to go to the local yard, and will grab some extra metal pieces from broken door panels.

·
Registered
11,219 Posts
I have purchased them from Autozone, and Advanced Auto. All of the local parts stores should have them.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts