Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11,473 Posts
The upper part is interchangable, but the bottom part is a seperate piece from the doorsills on the 94-96s. The only issue is color. The 91-93s have a one piece doorsill and bottom pillar from the hood release to the side panel at the rear seat.

I do not know what part you are referring to "package tray carpet". If you mean the package shelf behind the rear seat, I believe they will fit.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yea thats what i was talking about. it the carpet that sits in the back window area where the rear speakers and third brake light are....

and the car that these parts are coming from is a 1995 B4U Caprice.... for the b pillars would i be better off getting the pillars from the 95 or should i just paint the ones i already have

·
Registered
11,473 Posts
It depends on what yours look like, and if you have paint. The others will cost you about the same as a can of matching paint, and you do not have to do the work. You have to have front and rear doors open to remove the trim. When you remove them, take the upper seat belt bolt out (T55 and breaker bar), pull the bottom out a about 2-3 inches, then pull down on the part, or you will break the upper clip attachment. The upper clip hooks under the pillar near the top.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i have paint... but i was only wondering if i got the b pillars from the 95 b4u, could i just swap them in. basically would the 95 b4u caprice b pillars be a direct replacement in a 92 caprice... the b pillars that i have dont have any damage whatsoever. im just trying to do a color swap. the only reason im considering the other b pillars is to avoid painting.

·
Registered
11,473 Posts
If they match the color use them.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts