Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lights will not come on as the doors open. Electric lock switches do not work. No power to mirrors including the rear view. car did not come with factory radio. Checked fuses and wondering if im overlooking anything?

·
Registered
772 Posts
if its a real 9c1 and not an impala many cop shops cut the wire to the front doors but left the wire to the rears so the lights only come on when the rears open unless you put them on yourself... ask me how i know:D

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Its a real 1996 DGGM IMPALA. Had a 9c1 at first and found that out. With the SS the dx is not as easy with more electronics. I just dont know if im missing a fuse or a relay because it effects so much. Locks, Mirrors doors and all interior lights minus cluster and a/c controls.

·
Registered
772 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
me too on roadmaster wagon

i just developed this prob on my 96 wagon, so, of course, i am curious if you have figured out the prob/solution....

·
Registered
4 Posts
fixed, but why to begin with?

i fixed by replacing power lock 15A fuse next to radio fuse, but any idea why it would happen to begin with?

·
Premium Member
1,178 Posts
I am curious of this too because i have a 94 impala ss and the plungers are hooked up but light has never came on. -Josh

·
Registered
11,473 Posts
Corrosion on the terminals can cause the fuse not to make contact. It could just be a bad fuse too. I had a fuse overheat, and melt the plastic. High resistance from corrosion on the contacts will cause the melted fuse issue. It is easy to miss as well, because you would not expect something like that to happen, so you do not look for it. Mine melted 3 fuses before I got it clean enough.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
same thing was up with mine when i got it turned out to be the door light wire shorted an every time i put a fuse in it popped. till i moved the wire

1 - 9 of 9 Posts