Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
5,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was trying to install a LED light and it seemed to have shorted out all my interior lights...even the HVAC lights, but not the dash cluster.

I checked the fuses and they are good. I tried putting the old bulbs back in and diff. newer LEDs and nothing.

Am I missing a fuse?

·
Registered
5,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
And by missing a fuse, I mean did I not locate something?

Anyways I tested it, and the column of fuses all the way to the right (all 10A) do not have power going to them, although everything works but the int lights. That fuse says INT DIM (this is int. lights correct?)

Front/Rear lights work and are on that same "bank" that doesn't seem to be getting power. Weird.

·
Registered
6,443 Posts
On my car (92 capi wagon) it was on the same fuse as the power locks for some reason. (I think anyway its been so long) but it was a 15 amp fuse. Took me about 2 days to find it because it wasnt in the correct (or atleast what I thought was correct) slot.

·
Registered
5,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Something shorted when I was trying to install dome light. It was weird, but I didn't disconnect the battery or anything. Never had an issue ever when doing electrical.

·
Registered
5,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Still out. Disconnecting the battery did nothing, except reset my stereo settings. cwm1

Now I noticed my drivers master lock switch doesn't work. Neither does the passenger side.

But my alarm remote will lock each one, except for the drivers front door.

I think the short, is the cause of all these problems.

So since the right column of the fuse panel doesn't seem to be getting power, any suggestions?

·
Registered
5,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
On my car (92 capi wagon) it was on the same fuse as the power locks for some reason. (I think anyway its been so long) but it was a 15 amp fuse. Took me about 2 days to find it because it wasnt in the correct (or atleast what I thought was correct) slot.

Ah, forgot about this post...me too.

Which slot, do you remember?

^^^Damn that's som Yoda talk there.

Appreciate, I do, any information, have you. :D

I'm running on low fumes = little sleep/food. cwm3

·
Registered
11,739 Posts
Did you check your fusable links? There are 3-4 under the hood.

·
Registered
11,739 Posts
I am referring to the fusable links, which look like wires with heat shrink tubing around them. They are sometimes yellow, but can be red, brown, or black. If you check your FSM you can find them. They are usually hooked up in the circuit before any fuse block. They are in "always hot" circuits.

Get your VOM out and start checking for voltage.

·
Registered
5,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
This yellow thing?

I unplugged it and tried testing for voltage and nothing. I put the tester on one of the two "prongs" while I had it disconnected. Was this correct?

·
Registered
11,739 Posts
That is the connector for your antilock brake sensor.

I have a 91 and 92, so I do not know exactly where the fusable links are. You should use your VOM to check for 12 volts. You can follow the circuit to the door switches, and other locations. I can not give you the schematics, because they are a little different from the 91-92 cars. You really need the schematics to determine the wire locations, and connectors.

You can check for voltage at all the "hot at all times" fuses on the battery side. If you do not get voltage on one, that is the wire you have to chase.

Over the forum I am limited to the info I have given you at this time. Now you need to get to work and do the troubleshooting.

·
Registered
5,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Anyone with a 96 know? Like I said no power to fuses on right side of the panel by drivers side door.

I don't want to tear apart the dash to chase wires when I can pinpoint it using someones experience of a diagram. :D

·
Registered
113 Posts
so KGee ... got the same problem in my wagon... the power locks 15A blows everytime I engage the locks but the bottom row or the far right row with int dim and stuff *10A's) all do not get power.. do u know what that might be bro?

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Same problem. My visor vanity light wire was the cause.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.