Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The interior lights have been a bit finicky recently. Sometimes they don't come on when I open a door and sometimes they do. However today the interior lights on the doors rear view mirror and rear
grab handles are on and stay on even when all doors are closed. Normally the lights will go out after a minute or two. In addition to the lights staying on the automatic locking and unlocking of the doors
when you put it in gear and in park is not working. Are these two things connected?. I removed the fuse in order to prevent battery from going dead and unfortunately it cut the power door locks. Is there a relatively easy way to fix this without having to bring it to my mechanic.

·
Premium Member
594 Posts
The interior lights have been a bit finicky recently. Sometimes they don't come on when I open a door and sometimes they do. However today the interior lights on the doors rear view mirror and rear
grab handles are on and stay on even when all doors are closed. Normally the lights will go out after a minute or two. In addition to the lights staying on the automatic locking and unlocking of the doors
when you put it in gear and in park is not working. Are these two things connected?. I removed the fuse in order to prevent battery from going dead and unfortunately it cut the power door locks. Is there a relatively easy way to fix this without having to bring it to my mechanic.
Try swapping out the green chime box under the dash in the convienence center.The interior lights delay to off not working is pretty common failure of these green chime boxes.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Where can I buy green chime box or door
Sensors I can't find them on rock auto. Where in convenience center is green chime box.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts