Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My interior lights stay on even when doors closed. I pulled the fuse to shut them off,only problem is power door locks are on the same fuse so I lose power to locks as well as interior lights. I am thinking that if I remove the bulbs from all interior lights I can put fuse back in and not have to worry about battery going dead. If I remove bulbs will it still drain battery?.

·
Registered
7,986 Posts
My interior lights stay on even when doors closed. I pulled the fuse to shut them off,only problem is power door locks are on the same fuse so I lose power to locks as well as interior lights. I am thinking that if I remove the bulbs from all interior lights I can put fuse back in and not have to worry about battery going dead. If I remove bulbs will it still drain battery?.
To answer your specific question....No. If there is no Load on the circuit ( Bulbs, Motor, Fan, etc) then you are not drawing any current through this circuit.

But that could be some work to pull all the bulbs. Instead, this thread may help you find/fix the issue....GL.

http://www.impalassforum.com/vBulletin/26-electrical/280833-interior-lights-staying.html

·
Premium Member
592 Posts
Interesting thread where under steering wheel is green box I can't find it. Also how do I test door triggers?
Here's a picture,just to the right of the parking brake pedal and up higher you'll see it. There's a single locking tab on top of the chime box,just lift it up and pull the box out. If you can solder pretty well,these can usually be repaired. I've been able to solder them with success.
Jim

1 - 5 of 5 Posts