Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The interior lights on my '96 do not turn on when any door is open. They do work with the dimmer switch. It looks like the wires are connected to the drivers door switch. Where should I look first?

BTW, I thought it may be the dimmer switch so I swapped it with another one I had and had the same issue.

·
Registered
3,505 Posts
Start with a description of your car. If it's a 9c1, it makes a difference.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I am having the same issue as well, I drive a 94 9C1. The dimmer switch turns them on and the remote lock turns them on for a little while, but not opening the doors.

·
Registered
3,505 Posts
9c1's are made that way intentionally. If you want them to work with the doors, you will have to remove the plunger switches for each door and fish around in the hole for the wires which in most cars are in there with tape over the wire ends. When you fish the wire out, hook it up to the switch and it will work. This will require some patience :)

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
9c1's are made that way intentionally. If you want them to work with the doors, you will have to remove the plunger switches for each door and fish around in the hole for the wires which in most cars are in there with tape over the wire ends. When you fish the wire out, hook it up to the switch and it will work. This will require some patience :)

Very good info! I will check my impala too. Maybe someone remove the wires on that one also.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts